An inspirational documentary that follows the efforts of Dean Karnazes during his running of 50 back to back marathons in every state. Below are some of my favorite parts of the movie:
- His daughter’s comment at the end of the Arizona marathon segment that it doesn’t matter how many times you fall down, what matters is how many times you get back up.
- During the marathon in Grand Rapids, Dean talks about the greatest test is how you react when the pain sets in, usually around mile 20 in a marathon – that is when you discover what are you made of.
- Hilarious footage of runner talking while running and hitting a pole at the 1:20 part of the movie
- Dean’s father’s advice: “Run if you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must. Just keep moving forward and don’t give up.”
- The most inspirational part of entire documentary was Dean finishing his 50th consecutive marathon in the NYC marathon – simply incredible.
If you enjoy running, I recommend watching this documentary.