I’m watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony as I type this blog and am absolutely loving it. What a fantastic job of weaving their country’s story into world history. I must admit, I am certainly following this a lot better than the Opening Ceremony in Beijing. Here’s some of my favorite parts:
- James Bond and the Queen “parachuting” into the stadium;
- Relax! proves that 80s music still rules;
- Parade of the countries;
- Even the commercials (especially Ryan Hall’s AT&T commercial) — I’m enjoying this more than the Superbowl!;
- David Beckham and the torch;
- Lighting of the Olympic cauldron (although I was hoping Roger Bannister would do it); and
- Sebastian Coe’s speech — I remember watching him run during my childhood;
- Chariots of Fire and Bean was hands-down the best part – proves runners should never take themselves too busy.
I’m so thrilled by the ceremony that I feel inspired to run an eight mile run at marathon pace — wait, that’s tomorrow morning.